What you should feel?? When performed correctly, you will feel a stretch in the calf and ankle area. Depending on your body type and how tight your calves are you may feel it in a slightly different area of the calves compared to someone else.
- Place one foot forward and the other one back far enough to feel a stretch
- Keeping the back heel on the ground and your back leg straight, attempt to touch the front knee on the wall
- The further you shift your body forward the greater the stretch will be in your back leg
- Hold for an allocated time
Main muscles targeted:
- Calf muscles
- Specifically, Soleus and Gastrocnemius
- Muscles of the foot and toes
A calf stretch will help to lengthen the calf muscles. Calf muscle length is important for many reasons but one of the main reasons is to be able to lift your toes during walking in order to clear objects and bumps on the ground that would otherwise cause you to trip.