What you should feel?? When performed correctly, you will feel the muscles in the back of your legs and glutes working. You may also feel the lower back working but there should be no pain in the lower back at all.
- With feet shoulder width apart and slightly turned out, pick up your weight
- you can use anything for a weight as long as it can be held safely and evenly
- Hold it comfortably and maintain a neutral spine, do not lift the weight upwards,
- rather, push through your feet to drive your hips forwards
- Ensure shoulder blades are pinched backwards down towards your buttocks
- and lower the weight at a controlled speed until you reach maximum stretch on your hamstrings
- Repeat until you have finished the set
Main muscles targeted:
- Lower back muscles
A very good strength exercise for your lower back, glutes and hamstrings. The Romanian deadlift is used in everyday life more than you would imagine when you bend over to pick something up. This is an important exercise that must be done correctly to avoid any injury. If you do not feel comfortable then consult with you therapist.