Below are 5 simple weight loss tips that will help you reach your goals quickly and safely.
- Permanent change, not temporary dieting. Have you ever heard of yo-yo dieting. Well this is the most common reason for putting back on that weight you lost from dieting. The body recognises a quick reduction in the amount of calories the body is consuming and can only assume one thing, that you are starving. Therefore the body will automatically reduce your metabolism (bodys ability to burn off calories), to survive. Once you go back onto your previous diet then the body will usually regain weight and most of the time gain more than you lost. You have to get a diet that is balanced, healthy and SUSTAINABLE, meaning something you can continue to keep up for the rest of your life.
- Support from family and friends. We think it is a must to have the support of your family, friends, co-workers and whoever else you trust. Once you have them in your corner not only does it push you a little more but they will hopefully act as a support network when things get difficult.
- Slow and steady wins the race. Losing weight too fast can also cause the body to go into survival mode dropping your metabolism. Whilst you need to reduce your calorie intake to lose weight you need to almost trick the body into thinking that you are not really reducing the amount of food. Eating regular but smaller meals will help this. Eating vegetables high in fibre can also help. There are also some specific foods such as “slim noodles” that can be found in the health food section of the major supermarkets that have very low calories that will fill you up and mimic calorie dense food, without actually having the high calories that normal noodles may have.
- Goal setting. Set yourself an ultimate goal for the future, like being able to wear that bikini you bought when you were a teenager. You must also set short term goals though. Short term goals are far more attainable and realistic in the near to mid future. Goal setting allows you also to measure your performance and alter it according to your ultimate goal.
- Use tools that help you track your progress. Food diaries or calorie counting can be a great way to see exactly where you are going wrong. Also tracking your weight loss is important if your gaol is weight loss. If your goal is more shape orientated than maybe taking measurements can help. In order to determine which type of tracking and goal setting is appropriate for you consult with a professional.
In order to set up a weight loss programm call our professionals on (02) 9999 6666